Australia is both a Continent and a country, it is located in the Indian and Pacific oceans. The official language in Australia is English that has a unique language and vocabulary. During the summer, temperatures range from 18.6 – 25.8°C.
Studying in Australia doesn’t require you to learn a new languages, however you will get the chance to learn new phrases and terms.
If you’re into water sports like diving, then Australia is perfect for you, it has the biggest coral reef in the world, The Great Barrier Reef is the most diverse and spectacular with crystal clear water.
Australian society is generally laid back and friendly with plenty of opportunities for new adventures.
Australian Universities offer a wide range of fields to choose from, offering high quality education for all students.
Top 5 universities in Australia
- University of Melbourne
- Australian National University
- University of Sydney
- University of Queensland
- Monash University
Studying abroad can be expensive, but international students can work up to 20 hours a week on a valid student visa while school is in session, and there are no limit on the number of hours an international student can work during recognized school vacations. Here are estimate numbers on the cost of living and studying in Australia:-
- Studying English costs around 225 USD per week depending on the length of the course
- Education and vocational training certificates from I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma ranges from 3,000 USD to 16,550 USD
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree ranges from 11,300 USD to 24,400 USD
- Postgraduate (Masters) ranges from 15,000 USD to 27,800 USD
- Doctoral Degree ranges from 10,500 USD to 27,800 USD
Living expenses vary from one place to another and from one person to another but the average international student spends about 1200 USD per month (approximately 290 USD per week) on accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, domestic travel and phone.
Tourist Visa: Visitor and can stay up to 12 weeks
Student Visa: subclass 500 Visa to study for more than 12 weeks or a full time student at the university.
Documents required for Australian visa:
- Australian Visa Application
- Bank statement for 3 months , issued not more than one month before and should cover living expenses which is between 25,000 – 55,000 Saudi Riyal, in English
- Valid passport for at least 6 months
- Definition of salary from the employer (Job title, salary and duration of employment.) certified by the chamber of commerce
- Personal photo with a white background