Every year thousands of students from around the world head to the UK to enroll in their universities.
The UK happens to have some of the most prestigious universities in the world.
The UK has a well-deserved reputation for educational excellence and this is reflected in the university rankings. In 2018 University of Oxford was ranked number one, followed by university of Cambridge that landed in number two.
Higher education in the UK is divided into two levels, Undergraduate (Bachelors) and postgraduate (Masters and PhDs) , and is provided by both public and private universities.
Choosing a university
When choosing your major, and the university you want to go to, you have to know more about the city and living expenses, as you know cost of living differs from one place to another.
You should also think about whether you prefer campus or city universities
In a campus university all buildings, accommodations and social facilities are in one particular area, which makes getting around easy.
A city university is more spread out, lecture halls could be on one side of the city and the accommodation on the other. Which gives you more options when socializing.
You also want to consider other factors like student satisfaction rate, level of student care, career opportunities and teaching quality.
How much does it cost?
Now, that is a very important question to ask before making the big decision of moving to another country.
Of course like any other country in the world tuition fees vary considerably, starting around $14,000 and going up to $53,000 or more per year.
As for accommodation, it starts from $175 per week, depending on the area and the city, weekly food shopping will cost around $40, A meal in a restaurant can be about $17.
Depending on your major, you’re most likely to spend at least $45 on books. Phone bill is around $20 a month, TV license cost around $107 per year.
Documents required for British tourist visa:-
- Bank statement for 3 months , issued not more than one month before and should cover living expenses which is between 25,000 – 55,000 Saudi Riyal
- Copy of your passport, valid for at least six months
- Definition of salary from the employer (Job title, salary and duration of employment.)
- Visa letter in the case study of the English language.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18 , the applicant must provide the following documentation:-
- Work certificate of a parent
- Birth certificate
- Copy of their parents passports
- Travel letter consent letter from their parents or legal guardians
Note: – Waiting period for the decision regarding the visa from 10 to 40 days, this depends on the time of the year and the performance in the interview.